[Freeswitch-users] open g729

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Tue Feb 1 21:55:16 MSK 2011

Why people insist on speex I am not sure... Sure its nice on a closed
network but quickly looses its luster when communicating with the real
world... Not to mention the CPU usages and such...

If you want to use something like speex check out iLBC and theres things
like the Sangoma D100/D500 that you can use to offload the transcoding from
the CPU (disclaimer I sell the sangoma hardware)