[Freeswitch-users] minimum UDP packet size

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Tue Feb 1 18:35:36 MSK 2011

While performance will be better with larger packets you're failing to realize that 1440 byte RTP packet would be 180ms of audio.  We only support up to 120ms per packet.  If you start to exceed the MTU most consumer routers will not pass any packets on UDP that exceed the MTU so your testing gains you nothing.

/b