[Freeswitch-users] open g729

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 16:42:39 MSK 2011

No, because they're licensed from different sources.
It's no different to if I buy a G729 license for one softphone, I can't then
use it in another without buying another license.

A sangoma card pays for the license in the hardware costs and the drivers
are free though, so you can switch platform that way while keeping the
license.

"And that is the case when one may consider, as owner of the licenses to go
with the IPP (or other open implementation) without any law breakage."
They won't have a license for the IPP codec, only for the Asterisk one. So
it wouldn't be licensed. Even if you want to justify it to yourself that
way.

-Steve