[Freeswitch-users] G723 usage - need something special for transcoding?

ib-freeswitch at bzsolutions.it ib-freeswitch at bzsolutions.it
Wed Dec 21 16:54:44 MSK 2011

Hi,
  freeswitch supports G.723 only in pass through, if you want to transcode, there is a sangoma card that can do it, commercial license is avaiable only for G.729.

G723 / G729 / AMR are patented, and you can't use use the algorithm without permission of patent holders.

If ALEG and BLEG support G.723 you can change codec negotiation mode in freeswitch.

You can found usefull info here on WiKi:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Codec_negotiation