[Freeswitch-users] {Disarmed} Re: Lua - origination to local endpoint then bridge to either local or remote destination: no audio

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 23:24:00 MSK 2011

On 16/12/11 07:54, Alex Crow wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I did find out some more last night while trying to reproduce the
> issues using a simple "originate" (which I could), and discovered it
> was down to FS detecting some of my phones (on other internal network
> segments) as "UDP_NAT" even when they were not NATed. I changed my
> internal profile to comment out "apply-nat-acl" and then all my local
> LAN phones now were registered simply as "UDP".
>
> Now more situations work, however there is still at least one weird
> one. I have my mobile registered to a created "doublenat" profile (my
> FS box is behind NAT) following the doublenat example on the wiki.
>
> I also use the "external" profile to register to a provider.
>
> I can originate from this extension to a LAN extension fine, so NAT in
> this situation is working well. However originating from a LAN
> extension to a number via the provider above still gives silence at
> both ends. Strangely if I place the same call from the phone itself it
> works fine.
>
> I will keep working on this but do you have any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex

I think I've found some more out - the remaining problems only happen on
SNOM phones where G726-32 is enabled. It appears that  FS cannot find a
match for that codec when AAL is set on the phones: the Snoms ask for
dynamic codec G726-32:99:8000:20:0, FS wants to see
AAL2-G726-32:122:8000:20:32000, FS does not match that and requests
G722, and G722 is negotiated fine, but the audio breaks.

If AAL isn't set, and FS has G726-32 enabled, FS sends back dynamic
codec 100 and that doesn't match anything in the vars.xml description.
Again no audio.

If I remove G276-32 from the list on the Snoms all works perfectly again.

I find it interesting that the default vars.xml states that AAL2-G726-32
is dynamic number 122 but there is nothing listed for just g726-32, and
even if I set the snoms to use AAL then they still request G726-32, not
AAL2-G726-32. Could that be part of the issue with this codec? I didn't
have to worry with the Polycoms as they dont offer any G726 codec at all.

In the interim I will just disable G726 on the Snom endpoints.

Cheers

Alex

--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information.  Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements plc
Domain House, 5-7 Singer Street, London  EC2A 4BQ
Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 5300
(Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under number: 3727592)
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (entered on the FSA Register; number: 190856)