[Freeswitch-users] Howto Set default language for an application ?

fsrichard at ghz.fr fsrichard at ghz.fr
Wed Dec 14 21:50:26 MSK 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to set up my first FreeSWITCH server but I don't know where
to set the default language corresponding to the following line in
conf/dialplan/default.xml :

> <extension name="Local_Extension">
> <action application="bridge" data="loopback/app=voicemail:default
> ${domain_name} ${dialed_extension}"/>
> </extension>

I have tried this :

> <extension name="Local_Extension">
> *<action application="set" data="default_language=fr"/>*
> <action application="bridge" data="loopback/app=voicemail:default
> ${domain_name} ${dialed_extension}"/>
> </extension>

 From what I have understood it is normal that it doesn't work as the
bridge to a loopback would use it's own settings, but I don't have a
clue where to set it of app=voicemail

Is there a way to set the default language per SIP connection ?

I have got an english and a french SIP line and would like to make calls
going to the english line have english instructions for leaving a
message on the voicemail and the calls to the french line to have french
instructions for leaving a message on the voicemail.

Thank you

Richard