[Freeswitch-users] Problems with local phones not registering

Ted Schober ted at schober.us
Mon Dec 12 16:50:15 MSK 2011

I have freeswitch running with the internal and dialplan .xml files near
virgin.  (I added PASSWORD.xml as suggested in the Wiki

One account on each of two of my Grandstream GXP-2000 phones on the eth0
local net of 192.168.61.X register just fine to default
extensions of the dialplan.  They get their addresses from a home
routher by DHCP.
I have been unable to get any other accounts on these phones, or any
additional phones to register.

The second phone registers on port 5062 (the default for account 2) for
some reason.  It will not register on 5060 even if I turn off account 2.

The registered phones call and receive calls from each other and the
provider gateway.

I have checked the phone options, and they are identical except for the
phone IP, the phone extension number.

The FS server does have three NIC cards - one on another segment, and
one that is disconnected.

Any ideas where to look for the problem?

Thanks!