[Freeswitch-users] BLF gets confused with multiple calls

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Fri Dec 9 00:35:20 MSK 2011

Hello,

I'm having all sorts of problems with BLFs not being in the correct
state.  It works fine in some cases, but others are wrong.  Here's what
I can see:

Single endpoint, single call, everything works fine.  Light flashes on
ring, goes steady on answer, goes out on hangup.

Here's where it gets tricky:

If there are two phones registered to the extension, it flashes when
they ring, but then goes out when one of them answers.
If either phone places an outgoing call, the lamp comes on.

If a single phone gets a second call, their lamp flashes again, but then
goes out when they answer the second call.

I'm constantly getting complaints from users where the lamps are stuck
on.  It happens more often when they have a lot of phones in ring
groups.  The lamps work fine for ring groups - they all flash, and
whomever picks up the call stays steady while the rest go out.

Is there anything I can do to get freeswitch to base the state on
whether or not that user has any active calls, rather than just what the
last thing that the phone did was?

This happens on every model of Aastra phone, and I have all of them.  I
haven't had a chance to try it yet on Polycom.

I'm running FreeSWITCH Version 1.0.head (git-7531fed 2011-08-17 11-27-20
-0500)

Any ideas would be more than welcome.

-Tim