[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch installed, ATA registered but no call are possible...

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 14:35:49 MSK 2011

On 06/12/11 23:07, obbyone wrote:
> Alex Crow wrote
>> On 06/12/11 16:50, obbyone wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> In fact, freeswitch is installed on a virtual serveur (VMWare) that has a
>>> fixed external IP. Every ATA's are behind a different ADSL modem same as
>>> if
>>> it was also on an external IP. I'm a newbie on freeswitch so is there
>>> someone who can take me by the hand and help me to handle this issue...
>>>
>>> Thanks
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does the FS VM have a fixed IP or is it natted?
>>
>> I suspect the latter. I would follow the guide on the Wiki about "NAT
>> scenarios", specifically the one about double NAT. You will need to
>> create another profile for this:
>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/General_NAT_example_scenarios
>>
>> You also need to forward your chosen SIP port for the profile (eg 5090)
>> and the RTP ports (16384-32768) to the real IP of the FS VM.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Alex
>>

>> --
>> This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
>> confidential information.  Unless you are that person, you may not
>> disclose its contents or use it in any way and are requested to delete
>> the message along with any attachments and notify us immediately.
>>
>> "Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements plc
>> Domain House, 5-7 Singer Street, London  EC2A 4BQ
>> Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 5300
>> (Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under
>> number: 3727592)
>> Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (entered on
>> the FSA Register; number: 190856)

>> consulting@
>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>>

>> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
>> http://www.freeswitch.org
>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
>> http://www.cluecon.com
>>
>> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
>> FreeSWITCH-users at .freeswitch
>> http://www.freeswitch.org
>>
> In my case the FS VM has a fixed IP. Do I have to follow the same advice ?
>
> Thanks

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant a private (RFC1918) IP. If it does, you
will have to follow the double-nat scenario (unless the routing on
VMWare (is it ESXi?) supports uPNP or NAT-PMP). If you can give the VM a
*public* IP, you don't need to do that, then you only have to worry
about NAT traversal at the ATA end.

Cheers

Alex