[Freeswitch-users] google voice connection going offline (mod_dingaling)

Federico Beffa beffa at ieee.org
Fri Dec 2 12:13:26 MSK 2011

Dear Ricardo,

unfortunately the short answer is no, I still have intermittent
disconnection problems.

Some more details:

* Sending a chat message from mod_dingaling to gtalk was problematic
as google assigns you an from JID including a random number. However,
to avoid having to find out this random number, in communicating with
google talk, the from JID can be left blank.The special keywork
"auto_from" has recently been added to mod_dingaling to make use of
this functionality with the chat application. Please see
http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-3611?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
 for more details.

* To mod_dingaling a "keep alive" functionality has been added. In
practice this sends a small packet to google talk at regular
intervals. The functionality has been integrated in the git
repository, but not the latest patch:
http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-3612?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
Not sure why the latest patch has not yet been integrated. Maybe lack
of time on the part of the developers.
Disappointingly this does not solve my problem. I also tested sending
"presence status" messages as keep alive packets, but this does not
help either. I've dug a little bit further into the code to find out
exactly where the problem occurs, but I've not found a solution. See
http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-dev/2011-October/005341.html

Regards,
Fede