[Freeswitch-users] How does one make dialplan changes current without restarting FS? L16 codec?

Phil Quesinberry philq at qsystemsengineering.com
Thu Dec 1 07:26:36 MSK 2011

Every time I make a dialplan change I have to restart FS to put it into
effect.  FusionPBX was nice for getting started/familiar with FS and seems
to be able to make changes current immediately but I'm discovering that you
need to roll up your sleeves and edit the XML files manually to get real
work done.  Since I'm doing that more and more now, I'd like to be able to
make those changes current without restarting.

Also, I've noticed that FS seems to be using the L16 codec for early media
on the local internal leg lately (I think it's early media where it's being
used) - not sure if it was a recent build or changes I made to enable late
negotiation and codec inheritance.  I do not have that codec specified in
any codec lists but everything certainly seems to sound better since I made
those changes.  What's going on?

Thanks,

Phil Quesinberry
Q Systems Engineering, Inc.
Electronic Controls and Embedded Systems Development
(410) 969-8002
http://www.qsystemsengineering.com