[Freeswitch-users] Connecting Call Between Two SIP Trunks

Dan Lan danlanweb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 21:46:45 MSD 2011

Hi, Brad:
This is Dan Lan. Thanks I got it working. Yes, I have to use "bridge" to
connect to Sofia external trunk.
I will put my configuration here for mail list archive purpose, so other
people can refer to this in the future.
1. First, make an extension profile in the dialplan\public folder as
following.
2. This dialplan will recognize the incoming IP trunk and bridge the call to
second IP trunk
3. The reason I disable DTMF, is that I hear 2 DTMF tone (maybe one in-band,
one RFC2833) so I disable one, and it works for me.

<include>
   <extension name="trunkin_to_trunkout">
     <condition field="network_addr" expression="^xxx\.xxx\.xxx\.xxx$"/>
<--  The first Trunk's IP address -->
 <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(\d+)$">
 <action application = "set" data="dtmf_type=none"/>
 <action application="bridge" data="sofia/external/$1 at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"/>
<-- The second Trunk's IP address -->
     </condition>
  </extension>