[Freeswitch-users] Multiple Tone Detect

Rob Hutton justlikeef at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 00:13:18 MSD 2011

I am trying to get tone detection set up so that a single number can be used for both voice and fax.  Tone detection needs to run concurrent to the normal call processing, so that a call proceeds normally unless the fax tones are heard.

On this wiki page (http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_fax_detect) it gives the format:

<action application="tone_detect" data="fax 1100 r +5000 transfer fax XML default" />

and an associated dialplan entry for the call to be transfered to that actually handles the fax reception.

On this wiki page (http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_tone_detect) it says that the format from the first page is not the preferred method, and that the format should be something like:

<action application="set" data="execute_on_tone_detect=transfer fax XML default"/>
<action application="set" data="tone_detect_hits=1"/>
<action application="set" data="execute_on_media=tone_detect mytone 1100 r +5000"/>

My question is, using the first format, I could set up multiple detections, eg. one for fax tones that sends/receives a fax, one for answering machines tone that hangs up, etc.

Is this possible with the preferred syntax?