[Freeswitch-users] call_timeout

Federico Beffa beffa at ieee.org
Fri Aug 26 23:25:41 MSD 2011

Dear Jeff and Michael,

thanks for the answer. I've put siptrace and log on pastebin:

http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/17205

The case I've monitored was me calling with my mobile phone my desk phone
(Snom 300). The desk phone is registered to Freeswitch and the call goes
through my provider. Note that after ca. 19 secs my mobile phone makes a new
call, while if I try to do the same, but calling with X-lite, then X-lite
just hangs up.

The problem seems to be the CANCEL signal at line 459. Am I right in
interpreting this signal as originating from my provider? If that is the
case, then is there a way to tell my provider's proxy to wait longer?

If my interpretation is correct, then I'm surprised that the same does not
happen with Asterisk, where the call does not terminate (nor is re-started)
for more than 1 minute.

Thanks for any advise!
Fede