[Freeswitch-users] Mod_Managed Mono is not following the system LD Path

R H buscom123+fs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 21:00:02 MSD 2011

Hey Everyone,

I have recently been asked to set up a FreeSwitch server on a company
development server and the development management wants to use Mono C# as
our language for adding logic to the platform.

Following the instructions at http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_managed I
have been able to successfully compile freeswitch on a Suse 11.4 box, with a
custom installation of Mono 2.8 and I can *successfully execute Demo.csx*.

But here is the problem, the only way I can get Demo.csx to run correctly
without getting a NullReferenceException is to start the server from the
freeswitch mod directory:

    EG.

    $> cd /usr/local/freeswitch/mod/
    $> /usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch
  *  [SUCCESS!, Demo.csx will run correctly]*

    $> cd / (or any other directory)
    $> /usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch
    [FAIL, The server starts, calls work, everything is fine EXCEPT Demo.csx
now throws
    *NullReferenceExceptions when I hit it with a call that is routed to the
script by the dial plan]*

- I have tried changing the *dllmap* default to the mono installation, I
have tried adding
/usr/local/freeswitch/mod/*FreeSWITCH.Native.dll.config*with the
following text inside:
    """
    <configuration>
            <dllmap dll="mod_managed.dll" target="mod_managed.so"
os="!windows"/>
    </configuration>
    """

- I have tried adding /usr/local/freeswitch/mod/ to the system ld path
(/etc/ld.so.conf). I also reloaded the ld cache (ldconfig)

- I have tried copying FreeSWITCH.Managed.dll to the existing ld path
(/usr/local/lib/FreeSWITCH.Managed.dll)

- I even created a Console HelloWorld.exe that imports the Freeswitch
libraries and ran it by simply executing:
 $> mono