[Freeswitch-users] Newbie - External Phone setup question

Charles Bujold cjbujold at accra.ca
Thu Aug 25 01:06:38 MSD 2011

Trying to get a phone located in another office registered to the Freeswitch
server.  I created an "external5090.xml" in the sip external folder as per
the wiki and then set the phone to connect to 5090.  But I cannot get the
phone to register.  When I look at wireshark I see a request from the phone
to register and then I see  an error "SIP:403 Forbidden" from the server to
the Phone.    I have created the extension in the Directory folder with the
other internal extensions but I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the
1010extension.xml for it to work. (maybe the extension is located in the
wrong folder, or some identification to say it is not in the local LAN?)

I have checked the name and password and they are correct which seems to
indicate the issue is at the server level.

Any guidance on how to setup an external phone to Freeswitch would be
appreciated.

Thanks

CJB