[Freeswitch-users] V92 modem with freeswitch

ankIT WALiA ankitwalia4u at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:36:04 MSD 2011

Thanks for your response. I have tested VOIP mode and SIP which worked
fine.

But I could not find any VOIP service provider in India which is giving me
local number to receive a call except cloud based system like kookoo.in

Alternatively, I thought to buy TDM400P or A200 for my PSTN line. I found
two cards suiting my requirement and budget as of now.

1. A20101 2FXS 2FXO analog card PCI ($ 325 + 5 % tax)

2. 1TDM411BF 4 port modular analog PCI 3.3/5.0V card with 1 Station and 1
Trunk interface( $ 270 + 5 % tax)

I need your advice to select the one. For the time being, I need one FXO and
one FXS but I have one doubt about echo. I read about echo problem, how can
I remove that. I read that there are software for echo cancellation and
there are some hardware for echo cancellation. Please advice.

Thanks
Ankit

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Saugort Dario Garcia Tovar <
dgarcia at anew.com.ve> wrote:

> **
> Hi Ankit,
>
> You could use your V.92 56k PCI Modem old hardware but you should have to
> build a driver for Freeswitch, Freeswitch have a list of hardware that have
> been tested.
>
> I recomend you to take a look to freeswitch web site. If you would iike to
> test telephony functions (in VoIP mode, SIP) you dont need telephony
> hardware. But if you would like interface your FS box with a PSTN line/ POTS
> buy hardware from digium or sangoma like TDM400P (digium) or (A200); they
> are quite cheap, around $400 or less.
>

> On 7/13/2011 4:44 AM, ankIT WALiA wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
>  I found a V.92 56k PCI Modem in my old hardware.
>
> I want to run some basic functionality test with my PSTN phone line and FS.
>
> Can I connect my phone line with FS using this card. If yes how do we configure to use this card.
>
> I am new to telephony. I don't know if whatever I said above make sense.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ankit

> No virus found in this message.

> Atentamente,
> *Dario García*
> Consultor.
>
> CCCT, Nivel C2, Sector Yarey, Mz,
> Ofc. MZ03a.
> Caracas-Venezuela.
> Teléfono: +58 212 9081842
> Cel: +58 412 2221515
> dgarcia at anew.com.ve
> http://www.anew.com.ve

Life is like a rose its upto u feel it as its fragrance or thorns