[Freeswitch-users] AMR transcoding

Michal Bielicki michal.bielicki at seventhsignal.de
Wed Aug 24 11:53:40 MSD 2011

Am 24.08.2011 um 08:07 schrieb Michal Kopacki:

> On 2011-08-24 03:30, Steve Underwood wrote:
>>
>> As far as I know, you can't even licence AMR properly from Voice Age. I
>> understand their patent pool is far from complete. Even their G.729 pool
>> licencing, which is far more mature, can leave you getting unexpected
>> letters from lawyers.
>>
>> Steve
>
>     In that case how one can do proper licensing ? I didn't found any
> other company selling AMR Licenses.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Michal

Simple answer: one can't.
Complex Answer: one has to find all holders of respective rights and make a contract with each group or individual rights holder.

Sounds like fun, doesn't it ?

Michal Bielicki
Geschäftsführer / CEO

Seventh Signal Ltd. & Co. KG
Weigandufer 45, Büro 115, D-12059 Berlin
Voice: +49 30 60988730

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRA 44413 B
Ust.-ID: DE266981999
Geschäftsführer: Michal Bielicki
Persönlich Haftende Gesellschafterin:
Seventh Signal Ltd, 69 Great Hampton St. Birmingham,
B18 6EW, GB, Company Nr.: 06889439
WWW.: http://www.seventhsignal.de

----