[Freeswitch-users] any IVR example in C/C++?

xl127 x.liu at hw.ac.uk
Mon Aug 15 14:05:23 MSD 2011

Thanks for the answer, Moises!

My final goal is to let FreeSwitch (FS) to communicate with my external
applications in Java, C, or Python,
e.g. to send the ASR results from FS to my external applications.

I know I could do it by FS Event Socket but I am a bit worried about the
performances by using the Event Socket.
So I thought it might be better to use embedded FS in my apps, set the
speech input callback to point to
the method in my app.

To use embedded FS, it seems to be easier to find the C API e.g.

switch_core_init_and_modload( ..)

so I was thinking about the FS IVR in C/C++.
(I couldn't find the APIs for embedded FS in others of my chosen
languages: Java, C and Python)

any suggestions for accomplishing the goal?

Thanks,
Xing

On 13/08/11 17:48, Moises Silva wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 10:59 AM, xl127<x.liu at hw.ac.uk>  wrote:
>> I am wondering how I could do this for a C/C++ application?
>> And in the scripts languages I can set a callback method, e.g.
>>    session.setInputCallback(myInputCallback)
>> but I didn't find how to do this in C/C++.
> The default question here is, why do you need C/C++ for an IVR?
> FreeSWITCH allows you to use simpler/safer languages to build IVR's.
>
> You can certainly do it, but the reason you don't find examples is
> probably because most people understand there is no need for C/C++
> there. Having said that, you can take a look at the IVR/say/play API's
> in switch_ivr_play_say.c to find out how to provide a callback to the
> different API's thru the switch_input_args_t structure.
>
> Moises Silva
> Senior Software Engineer, Software Development Manager
> Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON
> L3R 9R6 Canada
> t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com

registered under charity number SC000278.