[Freeswitch-users] Conference calls through web-interface with moderation using FreeSWITCH?

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 19:55:13 MSD 2011

Good Morning,

I have been researching this for a while, basically I'd like to have a
website with the following functionality:
• One-click call-in to show (after setting username, best-case
scenario: sign-in through Drupal, use that name for conference-call)
• Web-interface only (Flash/Flex, Javascript/JQuery or Java), without
any additional software/addons/plugins to install
• Moderation: host of conference call can quieten/mute or even kick
people from the conference call if they're being rowdy

So far I have setup an IceCAST server, broadcasting through edcast in
an mp3 stream. Viewers of my website can now listen-in on the /radio/
sub-page.

How do I setup the aforementioned [3] features using FreeSWITCH? — Do
I need [Free, Open-Source] products other than FreeSWITCH to get this
done, if so, which?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor