[Freeswitch-users] collect dtmf and store in channel variable

vip killa vipkilla at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:26:15 MSD 2011

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to collect DTMF digits and store them in a channel variable so
when the channel hangs up it uses those digits to "mark" (or rename) the
recording of the call. The DTMF will be entered by the called party (i think
that would be the B-leg?). I've been experimenting with "bind_meta_app" and
"bind_digit_action", it seems like "bind_digit_action" may be the one i need
to use but im not sure. I'll explain the scenario to make things more
clear...we are trying to install this in a call center type environment
where all calls are being recorded. A caller gets an agent, the caller gives
the agent the account number of their case, the agent uses DTMF to mark the
recording of the call with the account number of the caller's case. Does
that make sense? Please let me know if this is possible, thanks.