[Freeswitch-users] FS performance using ESL

Tihomir Culjaga tculjaga at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:23:27 MSD 2011

hello,

im wondering how much performance do we loose when using ESL instead of
running it via dialplan?

without ESL with a fine tuned FS and a short dialplan ( answer, playback
like 20 seconds file, hangup ) im able to service 75 CPS. On the same FS,
when i use ESL to answer the call, playback the same file and hangup, im not
able to run more than 2 CPS... this is a huge impact and i really can't
believe it.

I'm using event-socket outbound e.g.:

<action application="socket" data="127.0.0.1:8088 async full"/>

my extension looks like:

<extension name="ESL_C">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(6666)$">
    <action application="socket" data="127.0.0.1:8088 async full"/>
    <action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
    <action application="hangup"/>
  </condition>
</extension>

im using testserver from lib/esl/ and i just removed the conference command
and added the playback one.... also i moved the esl_debug lvl to 0

anyhow, FS cannot run more than 2 CPS compared to 75 CPS when the playback
is done from the dialplan.

Please, can someone give me a clue on what is going on?
Maybe im doing something wrong?
how to get maximum FS performance using ESL ?

Regards,
Tihomir.