[Freeswitch-users] SIP auth challenge error

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:09:44 MSD 2011

It's logging that's been put in to support fail2ban (
http://www.fail2ban.org/). It watches your logs for anyone attempting to
access your server who shouldn't be (trying to guess passwords, DOS your
server etc) and blocking their IP. It's really only an Info message, but
logs as warning so that you still get the messages fail2ban needs if you're
only logging errors of warning level or higher. It's nothing to be concerned
about.

If you want to, use fail2ban. If you don't you can either ignore those
messages or set log-auth-failures to false on the SIP profile to stop
logging them.

-Steve