[Freeswitch-users] Does FreeSWITCH supports Googles VP8 (WebM) Codec

João Mesquita jmesquita at freeswitch.org
Fri Aug 5 04:25:40 MSD 2011

>From what I could see, a mod_vp8 would be cool because its license is
BSD-like and not like h264 and others that have patent restricting use.

The problem is that, afaik there is no endpoints using vp8 nowadays so it
would be restricted to some internet application or custom application
making use of vp8...

Maybe the experts could shed some light on the matter, I don't even know if
VP8 would be suitable for phone calls...

Regards,
João Mesquita