[Freeswitch-users] outboundsocket mode, bridge and bind_digit_action doesn't work

Michael Ricordeau michael.ricordeau at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 23:24:58 MSD 2011

Hi,

I think I'm doing something wrong but I don't find a way to fix my problem :

when executing bind_digit_action in an outbound socket and doing a bridge,
digit action binding is not executed (no log in Freeswitch)

when doing same thing in XML dialplan it works (I found log in Freeswitch).

I have checked logs and in both cases, digit realm is set :
Digit parser DPTOOLS: binding 00/test/0 callback: 0xb6ba1b00 data: 0x82eafe8

For outbound socket, here what I'm doing with netcat :

nc -l -v 8084

and the commands I passed to outbound socket :

connect

divert_events on

sendmsg
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: answer

sendmsg
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: bind_digit_action
execute-app-arg: test,00,exec:log,NOTICE TEST

sendmsg
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: bridge
execute-app-arg: user/1000

With XML Dialplan below, same binding/bridge works !!!!! :

    <extension name="test">
        <condition field="destination_number" expression="^0000$">
            <action application="answer"/>
            <action application="bind_digit_action" data="test,00,exec:log,NOTICE TEST"/>
            <action application="bridge" data="user/1000"/>
        </condition>
    </extension>

Expected result is when A leg presses "00", a log notice "TEST" is printed in the logger but only works with XML dialplan.
In outbound socket mode, I can hear the digits pressed on B leg but binding is not executed (no log notice "TEST")

Thanks

Michaël