[Freeswitch-users] Does FreeSWITCH supports Googles VP8 (WebM) Codec

Markus Siebeneicher 7eicher at gmx.de
Thu Aug 4 14:14:39 MSD 2011

Hello folks from FreeSWITCH,

i am using FreeSWITCH with the conference system BigBlueButton, made by
people from canada.

It works pretty fine, so far. Due to the need that we would like to
support more than 500 users in a single video/audio session, we are in
interest to use the best codecs.

So i listen to VP8 from Google. Does FreeSWITCH support it anyway? I
couldn't find something in the FAQ's. I listen something about ffmeg, is
it in this abstraction module?

Thanks for a short reply and thanks for the good work!

Kind regards,

Markus