[Freeswitch-users] ESL: not bein able to determine when SIP gateway is down when originating a call

Bill W. freeswitch at aastral.net
Tue Aug 2 20:20:36 MSD 2011

Thanks for your input guys.

Since I'm not a programmer, patching sofia is out of the question.  I'd
do more harm than good.

I haven't had a chance yet to look at all the events after I originate
to a dead gateway to find an elegant solution.   My hack is to look for
a CHANNEL_CALLSTATE event with Channel-Call-State = RINGING.   If that
doesn't occur, then I assume the call has failed.

I did see INVALID_NUMBER_FORMAT in the cli but I didn't notice it in the
events.  I'll grep for it though to make sure.

Thanks,
Bill