[Freeswitch-users] bypass_media=true and socket

Tim Meade Tim.Meade at millicorp.com
Wed Apr 27 16:43:01 MSD 2011

We are somewhat new to freeswitch, but have found it to be an excellent solution to some projects.

With bypass_media=false before our socket command and the perl app returning the bridge everything works fine. Calls sound great.

But if we set bypass_media=true immediately before our socket command we receive an almost immediate CANCEL back from ?????

If we just hard code the bridge instead of the socket, and bypass_media=true then everything works fine.

It's just the combination of bypass_media=false and socket.

Here is the dialplan....

<include>
                <extension name="default">
                                <condition field="destination_number" expression="^\d\d\d\d\d\d\d+$">
                                                <action application="set" data="bypass_media=true"/>
                <action application="socket" data="0.0.0.0.0:8040 full"/>
</condition>
                </extension>
</include>

I have also tried:  <action application="set" data="bypass_media_after_bridge=true"/>

And the behavior is the same.

Is there something simple we may be missing?

Much thanks

Tim