[Freeswitch-users] Newbie question about Polycom presence / BLF with productivity license.

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Tue Apr 26 09:36:56 MSD 2011

Christian,

> Christian Benke wrote:
> I don't think this is the cause of the problem - but
> what about attendant.resourceList.1.type?
> attendant.resourceList.1.type="automata"

Nice catch (I posted my latest try) but no cigar, sorry. And yes I did
try again.
You have sharp eyes.

> None of these attendant-parameters are listed in the 3.1.7
> sip admin guide though(In the 3.3.0-guide they are).
> I didn't look deeply into the docs - is this actually
> supposed to work in 3.1.7?

That is THE question, indeed. Well, supposedly, according to the wiki
that started this, regular 3.1.0 won't work but 3.10 with the
productivity license would.

I did not challenge the wiki earlier because I am both a freeswitch and
a polycom idiot, but I am starting to doubt it.

Oh, unrelated and FWIW, I have conducted another quick round of stupid
experiments this morning.
Note the "blah" line. I literally tried this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<userinfo>
 <reg
  reg.1.displayName="Test 2499"
  reg.1.blah="Blah"
  reg.1.address="2499"
  {<other commands snipped}
 />
</userinfo>

Well the "blah" line acts as expected: it does not do anything, but it
does not break anything either.

That part of the config file was working fine before, and it still is
after the introduction of the "blah" thing, so we can safely assume, as
expected, that the inclusion of a not-yet-implemented command (that
would be the case with a 3.2 command in a 3.1 config file) does not do
anything (heck that would be nice, btw: do what I expect future software
to do) but does not break anything either.

In a lousy effort to compensate for your time reading this,
I offer you the syntax of the new polycom software:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<userinfo>
 <reg
  reg.1.MagicMindRead="read_the_user's_mind"
  reg.1.MagicAction="implement_thought"
/>
</userinfo>
:D