[Freeswitch-users] Community Thank Yous

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Apr 25 21:36:19 MSD 2011

Happy Monday to you all!

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to the many folks who have
been stepping up to help out with the not-so-glamorous side of running an
open source project: documentation and community support. We all know that
hacking code is the fun part, but writing documentation and helping out with
IRC and mailing list questions are often thankless tasks. I wanted to
personally say thank you to all those who've been stepping up.

Regarding documentation, I've seen dozens of new users on the wiki, each of
whom is adding something. This is indicative of people "paying the wiki tax"
when a question is answered via ML or IRC. So to those who have been adding
knowledge to the wiki: thank you! It is much appreciated. Please keep up the
good work.

In the IRC channel we've been having a good number of community members come
in and make themselves available for answering questions. This can be very
time-consuming, so again we say thank you. The same thing goes for the
mailing list. It takes a lot of time to read through all the posts and
respond. The following users have been especially active in helping others
of late and I feel it is only fair to acknowledge their fine efforts. In no
particular order...

Ken Rice
Steven Ayre
Jeff Link
Avi Marcus
Kristian Kielhofner
Steve Underwood
Peter Olsson
Stefan Knobloch
Giovanni Maruzzelli
Christopher Rienzo

Every time a community member helps another community member we grow
stronger. Please keep up the good work!

-Michael