[Freeswitch-users] absolute_codec_string question

Nicolas Brenner nico at clickfono.com
Mon Apr 25 20:22:01 MSD 2011

Thanks Paul!

You are totally right, I was looking for the a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000 line. I
find it weird that it is automatically inserted for SPEEX, but not for other
codecs.

Another thing I noticed, is I can't specify more than one codec, according
to what I've read about other issues, this has something to do with a comma
parsing problem on the console (for some reason commas can't be escaped,
this also affects trying to originate calls from ESL).

So for absolute_codec_string=G729 I get this SDP (with verbose_sdp=true):

   v=0
   o=FreeSWITCH 1303718366 1303718367 IN IP4 127.0.0.1
   s=FreeSWITCH
   c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1
   t=0 0
   m=audio 29882 RTP/AVP 18 101 13
   a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000
   a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
   a=fmtp:101 0-16
   a=ptime:20

But for absolute_codec_string=G729,PCMU I get no additional m= lines in the
SDP:

   v=0
   o=FreeSWITCH 1303716332 1303716333 IN IP4 127.0.0.1
   s=FreeSWITCH
   c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1
   t=0 0
   m=audio 32008 RTP/AVP 18 101 13