[Freeswitch-users] Ringback while NOT YET bridging to leg B

David Ponzone david.ponzone at ipeva.fr
Sat Apr 23 04:58:12 MSD 2011

Well, I am not really surprised noone replied yet :)
I am not even sure anyone understood what I asked for!

Anyway, I did some more digging, and I found a solution, a ugly one I would say.
Again, the idea is to receive a call, wait for X seconds while FS starts sending the ringback to the caller, and then bridge the call while continuing sending the ringback (without playing it again from the start). The idea is to force the caller to hear a part of the ringback by no bridging the call (so not taking any chance for it to be answered), and then, we bridge the call as usual.
The same thing could be achieved by using 2 sound files: playback with the first one, and ringback with the second one.

Here it is:

  <extension name="123456789">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(123456789)$">
        <action application="set" data="instant_ringback=true"/>
        <action application="set" data="ringback=$${sound_prefix}/ringback.wav"/>
        <action application="bridge" data="loopback/wait$1"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

    <extension name="wait123456789">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^wait(123456789)$">
        <action application="sleep" data="5000"/>
        <action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/mygw/$1"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

I find it ugly, especially when the final bridge is not successfull. I then have duplicate CDRs for the bridge to wait.

I think I will prefer to deal with the 2 sound files, but I wanted to share that in case it helps someone.

David Ponzone  Direction Technique
email: david.ponzone at ipeva.fr
tel:      01 74 03 18 97
gsm:   06 66 98 76 34

Service Client IPeva
tel:      0811 46 26 26
www.ipeva.fr  -   www.ipeva-studio.com

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Tout message électronique est susceptible d'altération. IPeva décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il a été altéré, déformé ou falsifié. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le détruire immédiatement et d'avertir l'expéditeur.