[Freeswitch-users] Hangup a call with silence

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Apr 22 01:01:27 MSD 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Stephen Wilde <wstephen80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem is related to a provider that sometimes, when legB hangup the
> call, doesn't propagate the disconnection and the call is active until legA
> hangup.
> If I can activate a silence detection, I can force the call dropping after
> x seconds of silence.

What about the case when there is legitimately silence on the line, like
when you get put on hold with no hold music or something like that? I'm just
wondering if there's a better solution. The important question is: *why*
doesn't the provider propagate a hangup? That sounds like a serious bug on
their part and a failure to provide agreed upon services.
-MC