[Freeswitch-users] SBC for carrier

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Wed Apr 20 19:07:38 MSD 2011

As a load balancer OpenSIPS or Kamailio could handle 120,000 calls
(depending on call setup rate) on a single machine.  You could then
direct the calls to a FreeSWITCH cluster for the full header
manipulation, RTP proxying, NAT traversal, transcoding, etc, etc that
commercial SBCs typically offer.  The number of calls per FreeSWITCH
machine will vary greatly depending on hardware and specific feature
set (transcoding is a killer, obviously).

Of course you'll want more than one machine (or group of machines) for
redundancy.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 1:40 AM, Skyler <skchopperguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why reply directly? I’d like to know too ;)
>

>  My 0.02 would be a dual Quad-Core with at least 8gb Ram running OpenSips or
> Kamailio in stateless or transactional stateful mode. If you want it to
> handle NAT and RTP as well that’s easily done but more RAM would be required
> most likely. Of course FS distributed to handle the backend ;)
>

> Skyler

Kristian Kielhofner