[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch codec usage

Stephen Wilde wstephen80 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 19:46:52 MSD 2011

In order to evaluate the number of necessary G729 codec, I have a question:
if there is a sip-to-sip call in G729 and I do a tone_detect, surely it's
necessary to do a decode operation. When the detect operation is completed
(and I see in the log a message "removed media bug"), for this call the
codec resource is released? The codec resource is allocated to the call for
entire call duration or only during tone_detect phase?

Stephen