[Freeswitch-users] one-way audio problem on some inbound gateways, but not others (and no outbound gateways)

Fraser Redmond fraserredmond at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 08:34:39 MSD 2011

I'm getting a one-way-audio problem on 2 of my inbound gateways.

I have 3 gateways (1800 numbers), all directing into the same dialplan,
which then directs the caller to an extn (answered by a softphone.) One of
the gateways works fine, the other two do not (they used to several months
ago, I'm not exactly sure when they stopped working.)

One of the gateways that doesn't work is used for outbound calls without any
problem.

The pstn caller's audio arrives at the softphone, but the softphone's audio
doesn't make it to the caller. It also doesn't show up in call-recordings.

I've tried 3 different softphones to make sure it wasn't a problem with
that. (The microphone indicators on them indicate they're picking up audio.
Sending a dtmf does go through.)

I've just upgraded to the latest version of freeswitch to make sure it
wasn't that.

Any ideas of what to try?

Cheers,
Fraser