[Freeswitch-users] outbound_caller_id_number

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Fri Apr 15 10:56:03 MSD 2011

Hi, are you using FusionPBX?
FusionPBX stores outbound_caller_id_* to let you set a different internal
and external caller ID. When you set up an extension to make external calls
with a gateway, however, you'll see FusionPBX adds:
<variable name="effective_caller_id_name" value="$${
outbound_caller_id_name}"/>
<variable name="effective_caller_id_number" value="$${
outbound_caller_id_number}"/>

So basically, you have your variable name wrong. You need to be setting
effective.

(Also, the gateway may want a different CID type, e.g. rpid,
pid,<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_sip_cid_type>or set
caller-id-in-from to true in your gateway, but this is your first
issue.)

-Avi