[Freeswitch-users] Relay Proxy-Authentication requests to the caller

Dave Horton dave at dchorton.com
Thu Apr 14 21:36:56 MSD 2011

I had the same question/issue myself, and would be interested to know if there is a way.  For myself, I had to do two things to get this to work:

1.  Disable authentication so that FS would not itself generate a challenge.  In vars.xml I added this:

 <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="internal_auth_calls=false"/>

and in my internal.xml (because calls were coming in on my internal profile):

   <param name="accept-blind-auth" value="true"/>

2. Then I had to hack mod_sofia to create a new channel variable containing the received Proxy-Authorization on the inbound leg, and also let me set it on the outbound leg.

After that it worked, but I would still prefer a solution that didn't require changing mod_sofia, if one exists...