[Freeswitch-users] fax tone detection failed

romon.zaman romon.zaman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 20:57:58 MSD 2011

hello MC,
you are right..
before this published here, you help me to get a solution.

actually, my fax machine was not sending standard fax tone.  but it worked with actual tone frequency.

so, if someone ever face this problem, recommendation is to get pcap file and extract audio file from RTP with wireshark and analyze audio with audicity to get exact frequency of tone.

and when u use tone_detect with exact tone frequency, it will work perfectly.

thanks for  your help