[Freeswitch-users] Lua session originate

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 04:12:26 MSD 2011

1) You are not running the latest GIT.  Your scripts works fine on my
development box.
2) the originate method is deprecated.  you can just do
    local new_session =
freeswitch.Session("sofia/gateway/affinity/17277762768", session);
3) In either case you should not be doing what you do in this script
because the whole time you are playing the file to new_session the
original session is blocked not reading or writing any audio.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Eric Beard <eric at loopfx.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jeff,
>
> When I try NULL I get this:
>
> freeswitch at internal> 2011-04-12 14:49:31.582049 [ERR] mod_lua.cpp:191 Error in originate (arg 2), ex
> pected 'CoreSession *' got 'string'
> stack traceback:
>        [C]: in function 'originate'
>        /usr/local/freeswitch/scripts/test_originate.lua:3: in main chunk
>
> I've been digging through the source code, and I can't find where 4 args are required.  I see this in freeswitch_lua.cpp:
>
> int Session::originate(CoreSession *a_leg_session, char *dest, int timeout)
> {
>        int x = CoreSession::originate(a_leg_session, dest, timeout);
>
>        if (x) {
>                setLUA(L);
>        }
>
>        return x;