[Freeswitch-users] Lua session originate - freeswitch crash

Eric Beard eric at loopfx.com
Wed Apr 13 00:02:29 MSD 2011

Ok, so I got a little further by trial and error, and realized the 4th arg is due to lua function calling syntax.  If you use the dot notation on a function declared with a colon, it expects "this" as the first arg.

My current code looks like this:

-- Originate an outbound call
local new_session = freeswitch.Session();
new_session:originate(session, "sofia/gateway/affinity/17277762768", 60);
new_session:waitForAnswer(session);
prompt = "/home/eric/test1.wav"
freeswitch.consoleLog("INFO", "About to play prompt file " .. prompt .."\n")
new_session:streamFile(prompt)
new_session:hangup()

The scary thing about this code is that it crashed freeSwitch when I ran it.

This is the last thing I saw in the logs:

Eric Z. Beard, CTO
Loop LLC
w (877) 850-2010 x9249
m (727) 776-2768