[Freeswitch-users] Core Dump after compiling on Debian for Sparc

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 00:35:01 MSD 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Anthony Minessale <
anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have limited support of sparc because we don't have any machines to work
> on.
> You should consider finalizing your support contract and maybe let us
> find you a consultant to help you with that.

Hi Anthony,

*Sigh* I was afraid you would say that. Honestly, there's nothing I'd like
more than to _not_ have to spend days doing all these techno-acrobatics just
trying to compile and/or run the software that's going to be the most
important piece in building our service. Unfortunately, we're not a funded
company. Which is why we're stuck with the old Sun equipment that we've had,
relics of our old service that didn't take off. They're still pretty good
servers and they hardly got used even if they're 6 years old running on
64-bit 600Mhz UltraSparcII :(

So, we need to find a happy medium here, ideally. I don't mind talking about
the support contract however and get a sense of what it will actually cost
before I just reject the offer without even knowing the cost.

An alternative/counter-offer could be , how about I donate one of these v100
Sparc servers to the project to build/test against since you said that the
support for Sparc is limited? :)