[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH sometimes binds to loopback interface during boot

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Apr 11 05:46:48 MSD 2011

I have FreeSWITCH installed under Debian; it is started by the init script
during the boot process.

External connectivity is provided via an ADSL line, attached to a PCI modem
card in the machine. (Specifically, it's a Traverse Technologies Solos card.)
Pppd handles the ADSL interface.

Now for the problem: sometimes, the external SIP profile binds to 127.0.0.1,
presumably because FreeSWITCH is started after the network has been brought up
but before the ppp0 interface is established. Restarting the profile with
sofia profile external restart does not correct it - I have to restart
FreeSWITCH.

Is there a better solution - preferably, a means of binding to the correct
address without restarting FreeSWITCH? I can create scripts to execute a
FreeSWITCH command whenever the PPP interface comes up, but I'd rather avoid a
total shutdown/restart in that case.