[Freeswitch-users] ESL with PHP not working

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sun Apr 10 03:22:16 MSD 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Marc de Corny <marcdecorny at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> got an issue with ESL I cannot figure out.
>
> I have installed enabled the event socket on the Freeswitch, and it works
> locally on the server via PHP
>
> I have a remote server were I compiled the ESL.so and did the php-install.
> It is a standard CentOS install with apache.
> when I type into the command line :     php test.php   ( the standard test
> script that is api status ) I get the correct result.
> when I execute the same script from the browser on the remote server I get
> an error on the getBody command.
> *Fatal error*: Call to a member function getBody() on a non-object in *
> /var/www/html/test.php* on line *9*
>
> This is the exact same error that occurs when the script fails to connect
to the FS event socket, so something must be different when you are calling
this from a script. Can you confirm that the script is actually trying to
connect to the FreeSWITCH server? I don't know much about debugging PHP, but
at the very least you could do a tcpdump on the server running the php
script and confirm that the ESL connection is being attempted, whether it is
successful, etc.

-MC