[Freeswitch-users] Optimal configuration for compiling on 64-bit platforms

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 06:18:33 MSD 2011

Hello,

I'm sure this has been talked about several times and searching through the
email archives etc. I have seen 64-bit been mentioned many times, but never
seen a targetted instructions as to what are the best/optimal parameters to
give the configure script to compile on a 64-bit Linux platform. In the
wiki, the following is given:

 CFLAGS=-m64 CXXFLAGS=-m64 LDFLAGS=-m64 ./configure
--prefix=/opt/freeswitch --enable-core-odbc-support \
--enable-core-libedit-support --enable-64 --with-openssl=/usr/sfw

But it's for compiling in Solaris. Do these flags/settings work on Linux?

Can we just use '--enable-64' and that would take care of everything or do
we need the extra CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS and LDFLAGS as well?

I'm using Debian 64-bit

Thanks
AEG