[Freeswitch-users] Recommended SIP IP Wifi Handsets?

Michael Kennedy Info at KennedySoftware.ie
Tue Apr 5 15:37:09 MSD 2011

Mazilo,

My apologies for not acknowledging your comments on the Dockstar: when I
looked at your email initially, your Dockstar comments appeared in the
"quoted" text section, and I did not even read them - until a few
moments ago when I was reviewing all the posts here...

>> I'm hoping to roll out FS where some areas in a building are wired, and
>> other areas are on WiFi, and to deploy some SIP phones in both areas.If
>> you can still find an inexpensive
>> http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/network_storage/freeagent_dockstar
>> Seagate FreeAgent DockStar  (used to be on sale for as low as
>> $13.99/each), you certainly can use it to host your FS. It is an ARM
>> platform clocked @1.2GHz with 128/256MB RAM/NAND, 4 USB2 ports, and a
>> single Gigabit RJ-45 port. Unless you already have a NAT/Firewall WiFi
>> router, all you need is an additional USB WiFi dongle to make it
>> WiFi-able.

I'll certainly look at that - thank you. Each office already has a Linux
server (Ubuntu 8.04/10.04, mainly as a file- and comms-server, FW,
router, etc), which is mostly just "relaxing" all day, and I'm thinking
of putting FS on these boxes, and use the existing APs where WiFi is active.

However... that Dockstar looks extremely interesting, and incredibly
cheap! I'll certainly investigate it, and see where it might fit in.
Thank you.

   - Mike