[Freeswitch-users] Recommended SIP IP Wifi Handsets?

Michael Kennedy Info at KennedySoftware.ie
Fri Apr 1 18:59:05 MSD 2011

Victor,

> A bit off-topic but here are my 50 cents:

Oopppssss, my apologies - I thought it might be a common query for folks
thinking about FS - but maybe in another "list"?

> -Did you consider building a wireless bridge with a $40 WiFi router
> running DD-WRT/Tomato/OpenWRT etc?

I did NOT - and I've deployed a lot of them to support "PC"s! THANK YOU!

> This way you can plug wired phones into LAN ports of the "bridge" and
> the router will bridge them to your main access point.
> Asus WL-520GU will work and is really cheap.

EXCELLENT suggestion!

(Maybe I'm drifting even more O-T, but... I'm also glad you did not
mention WiFi devices from Linksys - in my experience, some of these
boxes performed very poorly, but I seem to be the only one on the planet
with these experiences!).

> -If you go with WiFi you should only use WPA or WPA2.
> Less secure options (WEP :-) ) make all conversations accessible to public.

Yes, I think all APs are currently running on WPA2.

Thank you VERY much, Victor!
   - Mike