[Freeswitch-users] License of libzrtp for usage with FreeSWITCH?

Patrick Lists freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 30 18:55:03 PDT 2010

Hi,

Does anyone know what the license is of libzrtp for usage with
FreeSWITCH? In the FreeSWITCH source I see a file docs/zrtp_agpl-3.0.txt
but the libzrtp source itself is not included.

So I got libzrtp-0.81.514 and in the source there is a file zrtp_legal.c
that says:

  * libZRTP SDK library, implements the ZRTP secure VoIP protocol.
  * Copyright (c) 2006-2009 Philip R. Zimmermann.  All rights reserved.
  *
  * The version of the SDK library that is packaged with this legal
notice is
  * NOT licensed under the GPL, AGPL, LGPL, or any other open source
license.
  * For licensing terms or other information,
  * contact Philip R. Zimmermann <prz at mit.edu>.
  * For more contact information, see http://philzimmermann.com
  *
  * This file must be packaged together with the rest of the libZRTP SDK
  * source code.  That's why it's in a .c file.
  *
  * This software may be subject to export controls by the US Commerce
  * Department's Bureau of Industry and Security.  This software is provided
  * "as is," with no warranty expressed or implied.

This is quite the opposite of what zrtp_agpl-3.0.txt suggests in the
FreeSWITCH source.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Patrick