[Freeswitch-users] mod skype legal

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 14:54:31 PDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:44 PM, budi wibowo <bwibowo at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
> it's nice to know that FS have module to integrate with skype. is it
> something that skype supported and legally allowed?
> say, i have project on mapping some phone number to some skype user.
> is it safe to use the module for commercial use?

I'm the main developer (with the help from the community, and on the
base of the work of the core team) of mod_skypopen.

The module respects the legal usage of the Skype API, is not reverse
engineering, and is completely (for what I can understand, IANAL)
abiding to the policies the rights, etc etc of Skype corp.

You are responsible to use it in a way that comply with the Skype corp
policies, with the law, and regulations.

Please check the Skype website for their policies, acceptable usage, etc.

-giovanni

> regards
> budi wibowo

Sincerely,