[Freeswitch-users] Struggling with installing.

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun Sep 26 07:14:33 PDT 2010

  HI,

If its a conflict between the definition of swab() in
/usr/include/string.h and /usr/include/unistd.h this must be an Apple
bug that goes back at least a couple of years.

Steve

>>> 5. Download libjpeg at www.ijg.org/files/jpegsrc.v7.tar.gz
>>> 6. Double click to uncompress or tar zxvf jpegsrc.v7.tar.gz then move to
>>> directory you want. No need to put into same DIR as anything else.
>>> 7. cd .../jpeg-7
>>> 8. ./configure --enable-shared --enable-static
>>> 9. make

>>> http://www.soft-switch.org/downloads/spandsp/
>>> 13. Double click to uncompress then move to directory you want. No need
>>> to put into same DIR as anything else.
>>> 13. cd .../spandsp 0.0.6
>>> 14 ./configure
>>> 15  make
>>> 16. make install
>>>

>>> FIX FLITE COMPILE PROBLEM (looks like David Ponzone can fix this see below).
>>> 17. cp /usr/include/string.h /freeswitch/libs/flite-1.3.99/include
>>> This is what is causing flite to fail during make. See these:
>>> http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/festlang-talk/2008-June/001043.html
>>> http://www.clas.ufl.edu/users/mpanning/OSX.html
>>> 18. CD to /freeswitch/libs/flite-1.3.99/include
>>> 19. chmod +rw+rw+rw string.h<- So you can update the file.
>>> 20. Edit (in xCode) string.h, find "swab" and change line:
>>> void swab(const void * __restrict, void * __restrict, ssize_t);
>>>                 to (comment the line):
>>> /*void swab(const void * __restrict, void * __restrict, ssize_t);*/
>>> 21. CD /freeswitch
>>> 22. Follow normal install instructions (bootstrap, config).
>>> 23. MAKE